Opening Night Party to Feature One-of-a-kind Auction of Schwinn Bikes
How Do You Ride in Style?
This year’s WestEdge floor-wide Opening Night Party will benefit Los Angeles Ronald McDonald House. A highlight of the evening will be the auction of one-of-a-kind bicycles, generously donated by Schwinn to support the LARMH mission of providing comfort, care and support to caregivers of seriously ill children .
25 leading architects, designers and taste makers are being invited to show their creativity and put their style mark on a bike for charity. Each bike artist/designer has chosen their favorite Schwinn bike model, and will then have 4-5 weeks to customize their bike. From painted frames and branded spokes, to covered seats, unique bike baskets, and other accessories… the sky is the limit.
Participating Bike Designers/Teams Include:
- Aaron Axelrod
- April Glover of Designs By BAMA
- Amy Devers
- César Giraldo of Tag Front
- Erin Condren
- Estee Stanley & Brigette Romanek of Hancock Design
- Gaurav Nanda of BEND
- Grayson Hild, Product Design Student at OTIS College of Art and Design
- Gregory Siff
- Janice Media
- Kelly Edwards
- LA Galaxy
- Lisa Adams of LA Closet Design
- Marianne McDonald of McGuire Denim
- Miki Yokoyama
- Nicole Facciuto
- Nolen Niu
- Patrick Cain Designs in collaboration with Sung Yoo of Hucbek
- Peter Gurski
- Portola Paints
- Robin Wilson Home
- Shannon Wollack and Brittany Zwickl of STUDIO LIFE.STYLE.
- Susan Benjamin
- Tracy Gilmore of Gilmore Design Studio
We can’t wait to get the bidding started Nov. 3. TICKETS to the event are on sale now so come join the design celebration!