Last month, we hosted a group of interior designers for a day at Maison&Objet, the anchor event of Paris Design Week, which takes place each January and September. Thank you to the M&O team who rolled out the red carpet for our group, with tips and tours to navigate the seven halls, filled with the latest in home furnishings and objects.
Here’s a look at some of the products that made our “Favorites List”.
1. Vanessa Mitrani sculptural vessels in a rainbow of colors
2. MY wall lights from Atelier Alan Ellouz. Elegant and minimalist, these lights are a powerful expression of alabaster’s mineral nature.
3. Retro>modern turntable from La Boite Concept who joined forces with Lelievre Paris for a special edition LX Turntable which features a wide array of sound technology to ensure the best possible listening experience.
4. Art et Floritude beautiful bespoke light sculptures all handmade in France
5. Chess sets from Skyline Chess inspired by top cityscapes, from Paris and London, to NYC and L.A. These cool sets come in a variety of finishes and are awesome for play or just show.
6. UTOPIA & UTILITY combines functional and fantastical, designing mixed-media unique objects, handmade in Europe by various independent craftsmen. Their signature products are the “Stacking Vessels” which consist of a set of individual mixed-media containers (in glass, wood, ceramic, metal…), stacked together to create a sculptural vessel shape. Once disassembled each part becomes functional, as bowls and vases.
7. Sustainable furniture from @Maison_Matisse, the design studio started by the famous artist’s grandson
8. Spanish design on display at the Rising Talents Awards Exhibition. Chair pictured here from Tornasol Studio
9. French furniture company Noppi showed 2 chairs that ingeniously and seamlessly transform for privacy purposes, especially useful for any hospitality space like airport lounges, hotels, etc. #shapeyourprivacy #madeinFrance
10. Stylish and reusable unbreakable silicone wine glasses (and other accessories) are the new must-have for outdoor living (concerts, beach outings, game days, etc)! Sustainably designed, portable, dishwasher safe and made from FDA-approved silicon, this fun collection from Porter Green comes in a variety of colors.
Want to join us next time? Stay tuned for updates about our September trip.